Over the past month or so, I've received several e-mails from readers who wanted to know which blogs I read to stay on top of the latest developments around federal courts of appeals. So, I thought I'd put together the following list of circuit-specific blogs. (At some point in the near future I will post a list of blogs that cover appellate law in general.)
- Maine Appeals Blog: "Covers developments in Maine appellate law in the Maine state courts and the Boston-based 1st U.S. Circuit Court of Appeals."
- FindLaw's U.S. First Circuit Blog
- Second Circuit Blog: "Case summaries and commentary by attorneys from the federal defenders office in New York City."
- Appellate Law NJ Blog: "Focusing on New Jersey appeals, appellate law, and appellate practice, particularly regarding decisions and other actions of the Supreme Court of New Jersey, the Superior Court of New Jersey, Appellate Division, and the Third Circuit Court of Appeals."
- Third Circuit Blog: Case summaries and commentary on the Third Circuit Court of Appeals.
- Fourth Circuit Blog: "Case summaries and analysis from Federal Defender Offices located in the Fourth Circuit (WV, VA, MD, NC, SC)."
- Fifth Circuit Blog: "Case summaries and commentary by federal defenders of the Fifth Circuit."
- FindLaw's U.S. Fifth Circuit Blog
- Sixth Circuit Appellate Blog: "The Sixth Circuit Appellate Blog fosters discussion on news about and opinions issued by the United States Court of Appeals for the Sixth Circuit with an emphasis on cases pertaining to business interests. It also includes an En Banc Watch and features guest bloggers on occasion, as well as interviews with Sixth Circuit judges."
- Sixth Circuit Blog: "Case summaries and comentary by federal defenders of the Sixth Circuit."
- Indiana Law Update: "Posts contain descriptions and analysis of decisions from Indiana state and federal courts and highlight key takeaways for practicing attorneys."
- On Brief: "Devoted to appellate litigation, with a focus on the Iowa Supreme Court, the Iowa Court of Appeals, and the United States Court of Appeals for the Eighth Circuit."
- California Appellate Report: "Thoughts on recent Ninth Circuit and California appellate cases from Prfofessor Shaun Martin at the University of San Diego School of Law."
- Ninth Circuit Blog: "Case summaries and commentary by federal defenders of the Ninth Circuit."
- Tenth Circuit Blog: "Case summaries and commentary by federal defenders of the Tenth Circuit."
- Defense Newsletter Blog: "Breaking news supplementing the defense newsletter covering 11th Circuit and U.S. Supreme Court Cases."
- Florida Criminal Appeals Attorney Law by Donna Eng: "Analysis and discussion of criminal defense, appeals and post conviction relief in Florida and the Eleventh Circuit."
- The Florida Legal Blog: "A blog focusing on decisions from the Florida appellate courts and 11th U.S. Circuit Court of Appeals."
- The D.C. Law Report: "The D.C. Law Report is a free, online publication (a blog) about civil litigation in the District of Columbia Courts which include the Superior Court of the District of Columbia and the District of Columbia Court of Appeals. It is intended only for legal professionals in the District of Columbia (United States of America)."
- 717 Madison Place: "Focuses on oral arguments of patent appeals at the U.S. Court of Appeals for the Federal Circuit, as well as other patent-related topics. The judges often express their thoughts candidly during oral argument and the blog gives practitioners a unique insight into the thoughts of the various judges."
To ensure that each blog listed above is still "active," I omitted blogs that have not published new content since the beginning of the new year. If I've left a circuit-specific blog off of today's list, please feel free to leave a comment with a link below.